Skip to main content

31st December



Kill
 

So it's 31st December and a wrap then.

I'm glad that I didn't kill myself this year.

 There were moments when I wanted to scream, I wanted to shout, I wanted everything to end. And no, it was not because of love. Faiz once said "Zamany main or bhi gham hain Mohabbat ke siva" (There are other sufferings too in this world besides the agony of love). In my story, this agony is sadness which I got in heretiance. It is my mind and the voices- the voices that will never let me sleep peacefully. The voices that urge me to leave everything behind. The voices that tell me that I belong to nowhere, nobody. The voices that tell me I don't matter.

And sometimes, these voices speak the truth, that we all deny deliberately. Some very dear people went against my wishes this year, didn't meet to my expectations and when I confronted them, they blamed me for overreacting, for not taking things lightly. Yes, I'm a narcissist, if I don't control you, I don't love you. People would never understand our philosophy, our emotions and feeling but one thing you could do better is to teach your kids not to be overly sensitive. I don't want anyone to be another me. I am being loud but still no one hears me.

I wait for my time to come but I know it's never gonna happen. They kept on telling me that I'd make it, have patience, don't give up and blah blah. But they didn't tell me when. Now I am fed up with this waiting. I am not jealous of anyone but why I am the only one with no social life, no career, no friends, no family... Everyone else has everything and I just feel deprived of something very normal... 

I pretend that everything is fine, I smile, laugh and make jokes so that no one can see the real me, the depressed me that wants to be quiet.

And deep down, we know that all this societal normal - life, relationship, career - is nothing but a form to survive till the end. To keep us busy so we no longer have time to think. 

Thoughts are dangerous. In my life, affirmations have never worked. There is no positive energy - only darkness. We all need someone to blame and I accuse literature of killing me. At a very young age, I got addicted to books and I hate myself for reading unnecessary books - books that would create a fantasy, books that would challenge my beliefs, books that would speak the truth, books that were necessary but not for me, not for the sensitive people because ignorance is bliss, isn't it? 

When one knows all the dimensions of society, the world and the universe, one entangles oneself in Penelope's web - uncomprehensible, unwanted - we want to escape but can't so we just scroll social media, wasting our time and we hope that this sadness would go away but all our efforts go in vain. 

I apologize for recommending Kafka but the views on my blogs show that you all are living in Kafka's paradox. But we don't even know the reason, do we? There is no reason - just an urge to shut everything down and be invisible. 

Don't end up being me. Wish you all a very happy new year. 

I hope to make it by the end of 2024 too.

Comments

  1. There are two sides in this universe, one is of evil and one is of good. And both elements are found in Human. Now, every manufactured thing, or product has Manuel book to run it in a right way. Humans have too the book. But you missed it. There is the book in your house may be but ever try to read it???? Make your goal to complete with deep understanding, otherwise don't complain about life or sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you wrote is quite relatable,
    but still no one should succumb to hopelessness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weight of your struggles and the complexity of emotions in your words. It takes immense strength to go through such challenging times. Remember, even in the darkest moments, there might be a glimmer of hope. As for you saying "I am not jealous of anyone but why I am the only one with no social life, no career, no friends, no family", it reminds me of a saying: "If you ever feel that you don't have anything, look at those who have less than you." It reflects on gratitude and the perspective that acknowledging our blessings can bring solace. Wishing you resilience and moments of peace in this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In the Abyss of Despair

I lost, when, where and how. I don't know. What did I lose? I don't know. Was I really in the abyss of despair? I had no idea. Maybe a part of myself, a piece of my heart, my soul? I couldn't figure it out. I never would. It was so sudden that I couldn't gather the courage to find it again. Why it was like that? Was I miserable? Or I was just overthinking? Was there any hope for me? Or I was just being overdramatic?  I wanted to scream, I wanted to share, I wanted to yell the hell out of me but I couldn't. How could I? The only thing that kept me alive, was no more with me. Without a soul, the words did not weigh much. I had only words. The words that had kept me alive. Without them, I was nothing, they had lost their impact. I was wondering in the sea of nothingness. My surroundings were nothing but the abyss of pessimism. I could have escaped but there was no need to escape. How could we escape ourselves? In the process of escapism, we lose the essence of the self

A Poem Rumi Forgot To Complete

They ask me who am I. Should this question be asked? Of course not. Sadly, I have no name, it ruins the beauty of mystery. The name does not matter, does it? Many people died without anyone remembering their names. They were incomplete stories, unwritten words, and undiscovered thoughts. I want to remain like that too  because I am a poem Rumi forgot to complete. Today, I choose to write about that incomplete poem. But why I am the poem of Rumi? And not of Shakespeare,  Shah Latif, or Bullhe Shah?  Because Rumi had Shams.  Shams acted as a muse for Rumi. When he started that poem, he lost his muse; thus an incomplete poem was born. An incomplete chaos, an unsolved puzzle, and everything that is lost on the way. We all are someone's Rumi and someone's Shams - doesn't it sound amazing? But in reality, neither you are a Shams nor I am a Rumi. We are those words that were never said loudly. Words that were only thought.  So, starting from this, I finally tried to write about my

The Conflict between Realism and Idealism

No, I am not writing any philosophy here. But, you all have thought of a dream life where no pain exists. No heartbreaks, no fake friends only happiness. It would be wrong to say that I have not thought about it. But my idealism  differs from yours. I have always dreamt of a peaceful mind - a mind which does not think about reality. It also avoids ideas.  Let me simplify this for you. We think that people understand us but in reality, it is exactly the opposite. Here too, the realism  is again contradictory to itself. We communicate our feelings very clearly but still, our emotions are left unheard. This whole idea of our existence is an illusion.  What if I tell you that reality exists in your mind, you see the colours of the world do not exist in reality. It is our mind that makes us see those colours. I perceive the colour of the leaves of a tree as green, but for another person, it is yellow or blue or anything.  "I think therefore I am", Descartes  says. I do not believ