Skip to main content

The Insane World


"The Me"    Source: Behance 

I am still unable to understand human nature. I do not understand how it works! I have written more than two articles on the duality of man. But in my mind, this desire to be understood is still as fresh as Daisy and guess what I have not found a single person who could understand me. Isn't it crazy? 

Or maybe I cannot make anyone understand. Or maybe it is too difficult for me to communicate my feelings and my emotions. 

My words just get entangled in my mouth. I cannot speak my mind. I am at a loss for words when it comes to my favourite people and my family. 

Then, I read articles - to understand everything a little better - but nothing works. Every single theory is subjective. No person has ever given a comprehensive analysis of human nature except Mr. Robert Greene in his book, "The Laws of Human Nature", in which he has tried his best to give a thorough explanation of humans and their moods. But that too, without practice, is of no use. And I think I am a bad practitioner. 

Every day I meet people - a lot of them due to my ongoing research project - each person has a story to tell, his perspective, his views, his disappointments, and his happiness. Every single time, his story starts with him and ends with him. There is only "me" in everyone's story and we think that people think or care about us. In the 21st century, no one gives a damn about you and me. Everyone is thinking about himself. Each story starts with them and ends with them. We are not the main character of anyone's story except ourselves. 

Meanwhile, I see various colours of people I am with, the colours that sometimes get bright and sometimes they do not even reflect anything except negativity. Human nature is weird. There is no harmony in it - no sanity. We are driven by emotions. We are emotional animals. We are miles away from rationality. 

Now as I have come out of my comfort zone and have started to interact with people, I can say that Mr. Greene is right. It is because of his book that I am not taking anything personally. If I had, I would not be here.

I think, we all have gone through it - or go through these phases once in a lifetime where our mind gets puzzled in a never-ending maze between company and loneliness. I don't know about you guys but my mind continuously plays these petty mind games with me. One day, I become as disappointed as Kafka and want to write my heart out and the other day I see no hope and want to kill myself as Camus. Isn't it strange? With everything happening in this world and our lives, we have lost the light. And the people tell me to follow this and that. To me, it is all useless. Everything on which we fall back is merely a temporary relief. 

The other day I was reading this news about the suicide of a civil servant - he was my inspiration - and now I am just blank and thinking about what we really need in our lives. We are so uncertain about everything - our jobs, our love, our life and our relationships. Maybe, it is because we have become selfish - that we all have a "me" in ourselves. That's why we do not know what is going on in people's lives, nor do we bother. The main thing is why should we? That's the only reason we should have someone - a real one - with whom we could share everything. But that too, is risky. Everyone thinks that love is the only reason behind a depressive mind. I completely disagree with that. In our personal lives, there are many things which compel us to choose between survival and death. 

In the series "The Hunting of Hill House", there was a dialogue: "Fear is the relinquishment of logic". I totally agree with this. I think we are too afraid to live that depression takes over and it contributes to  the relinquishment of logic and every sane thought. But again, how did this depression start? Does it start with our thoughts? Or our surrondings incite it? Or it is the result of negative people who are in our lives? I leave this to you. 

Even the sane ones do not want to live in this world, let alone us. I wanted to know the reason why many people were so tired of life. I pondered over this. The reason that I have found is a lack of empathy. We preach that we are good human beings - we preach love, kindness, and emotional support. But our actions tell another story. The people we deal with - we do not consider them humans. The one thing that I have observed is the gene of superiority in us. We always want to dominate the others. We want to lead while we have not even fulfilled the duties of a follower. I don't get it, why is that? When we have not successfully passed the first stage, why do we jump to the top? Maybe it is the "me" in all of us that forces us to do this. 

All these thoughts make my belief in nihilism much stronger day by day. The sane mind won't follow the words it preaches, and the other 90 per cent does not know the alpha and omega of sanity. 

Or maybe I am contradictory to my thoughts. Or maybe, I am losing my mind or maybe I have already lost it. Some day, I find hope and the next day there is only darkness. As they say, sane minds do not follow Camus and Kafka. Let's keep the sanity for our next blog and let's meet in the next blog - there is nothing much better than bleeding in ink.

Note: Your comments matter. Keep following. :)

R.

Comments

  1. You're really good at putting feelings into words. Keep writing, it's a great way to make sense of life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In the Abyss of Despair

I lost, when, where and how. I don't know. What did I lose? I don't know. Was I really in the abyss of despair? I had no idea. Maybe a part of myself, a piece of my heart, my soul? I couldn't figure it out. I never would. It was so sudden that I couldn't gather the courage to find it again. Why it was like that? Was I miserable? Or I was just overthinking? Was there any hope for me? Or I was just being overdramatic?  I wanted to scream, I wanted to share, I wanted to yell the hell out of me but I couldn't. How could I? The only thing that kept me alive, was no more with me. Without a soul, the words did not weigh much. I had only words. The words that had kept me alive. Without them, I was nothing, they had lost their impact. I was wondering in the sea of nothingness. My surroundings were nothing but the abyss of pessimism. I could have escaped but there was no need to escape. How could we escape ourselves? In the process of escapism, we lose the essence of the self

A Poem Rumi Forgot To Complete

They ask me who am I. Should this question be asked? Of course not. Sadly, I have no name, it ruins the beauty of mystery. The name does not matter, does it? Many people died without anyone remembering their names. They were incomplete stories, unwritten words, and undiscovered thoughts. I want to remain like that too  because I am a poem Rumi forgot to complete. Today, I choose to write about that incomplete poem. But why I am the poem of Rumi? And not of Shakespeare,  Shah Latif, or Bullhe Shah?  Because Rumi had Shams.  Shams acted as a muse for Rumi. When he started that poem, he lost his muse; thus an incomplete poem was born. An incomplete chaos, an unsolved puzzle, and everything that is lost on the way. We all are someone's Rumi and someone's Shams - doesn't it sound amazing? But in reality, neither you are a Shams nor I am a Rumi. We are those words that were never said loudly. Words that were only thought.  So, starting from this, I finally tried to write about my

The Conflict between Realism and Idealism

No, I am not writing any philosophy here. But, you all have thought of a dream life where no pain exists. No heartbreaks, no fake friends only happiness. It would be wrong to say that I have not thought about it. But my idealism  differs from yours. I have always dreamt of a peaceful mind - a mind which does not think about reality. It also avoids ideas.  Let me simplify this for you. We think that people understand us but in reality, it is exactly the opposite. Here too, the realism  is again contradictory to itself. We communicate our feelings very clearly but still, our emotions are left unheard. This whole idea of our existence is an illusion.  What if I tell you that reality exists in your mind, you see the colours of the world do not exist in reality. It is our mind that makes us see those colours. I perceive the colour of the leaves of a tree as green, but for another person, it is yellow or blue or anything.  "I think therefore I am", Descartes  says. I do not believ