Skip to main content

Absurdism vs Nihilism: Losing Both Battles


absurdism, nihilism, battles, aabi writes
Absurdism vs Nihilism 


I can no longer use nihilism because nihilism is the last stage of pessimism. So I found a relatively less controversial label - absurdism. Why would I pay attention to this? The logic is simple, my readers were not happy with me being a nihilist. 


To some extent, if both are studied logically, convey the same meaning. However, they told me to relinquish nihilism. You see, the world, won't let you freely label yourself. Nihilism was something more depressive, then what is absurdism. Google says it is philosophy that believes the universe is meaningless. In the first place, I had no problem with the universe. I don't care whether the universe should be more meaningful. I had raised questions only about the creation of Adam and myself.  What I think is that my life is meaningless. By embracing absurdism, I would be a nihilist for everything. But it does not matter.


Embracing absurdism


I don't mind a galaxy moving away or moving towards one another. I don't mind the path travelled by stars, planets and so on. They are not me. I have not experienced their lives. I don't know how their mind works. I am clueless whether they have a mind or not. I don't know whether there is any meaning attached to them or not. I don't know whether they think about the mystery behind their creation or just obey the order. But, now I have to believe that their creation is also purposeless. 


To me, my life is meaningless. I don't mind if Jupiter clears its orbit of asteroids. But, I mind an asteroid hitting my mind with thoughts that are forbidden. Words that we don't say out loud. The knowledge that creates contradictions. Also, I mind a planet hitting my Kundli (birth-chart) and creating chaos - I have no idea how it works but it is the knowledge that compels me to think. The thoughts catch my attention and I ponder over things. People even mind me when I say that ignorance is bliss. You have no idea how various thought interwinds with one another and create never-ending chaos in people's hearts and minds. We think we know but we do not know. And with each new information, there is something more conflicting, more revolutionary and more chaotic. 


Spiritualism makes people better


Instead of absurdism and nihilism, they advised me to go for spiritualism. To me spiritualism is another journey towards a mystical creature, a Superman, I hate this term, I don't want that higher being to be a human. Back to the topic, they think by embracing spiritualism, I would find meaning in life. Absurdism, Nihilism and all the "ism" are philosophies with contradictions. I agree but then what about the "ism" in spiritual? It is also full of conflict. The Sufis forget about this world and unite with that entity leaving everything behind when the spiritualism also advocates for a balanced life. 


I do not understand, why the only purpose of our lives is worshipping God. What about all the good and evil things? I kill a man and worship God, is that morally correct? Would God forgive me? Or the people who say and do bad and repent on the deathbed, is it correct? 


The other day, I was on a philosophical platform and found God is beyond explanation of logic and reason. Only guesses. The guesses that could lead man to disbelief. Absurdism believes that trying to find meaning would lead to conflict so I guess I could have been an absurdist first and a nihilist then. But then again, I am a selective nihilist. A nihilist who would believe in everything and simultaneously in nothing. That's why most of the thinkers live a deeply depressive life. 


Another thing that gets on my nerves is the people who do not want to understand. For them, the sanity dwells in them. They are the only intellectual humans out there. Since they are narcissists, all others can just agree with them. They are not open to discussions. And with them, everything starts with religion and ends with religion. For them, criticism does not exist. This brings me to another dimension - a difference of opinions. 


Perspectives are different


I have found that relatability in thinking is not possible. We can agree to some thoughts but walking into someone else's shoes and perceiving the things as they do is impossible. At least, in this life. It is absurd to think that people would love, think, read, write or see things as we do. 


I believe that I have been created by one entity, you can name it anything you want - God, Allah, Bhagwan, anything. But does it change the reality that it is the only entity that governs the whole universe? If I am inclined towards one particular religion, would I believe that the people with other religious beliefs are created by someone else? 


To me, everyone is created by the One. I don't mind their religious belief but colouring and concealing everything from religious perspectives gets us nowhere. These topics are beyond logic. No reason can prove the existence of simple things, even time is such a weird concept. 


The concept of time is such a tricky question. I don't believe the time is real. We have only day and night. The dates, months and years are meaningless. How could we verify the existence of the universe? They tell me it's billions of years old, clarify everything with a Big Bang theory and conclude with facts that too cannot be proven if thought logically. 


In metaphysics, nothing makes sense. The only thing that separates science and religion is the acceptance of errors. Science operates on trial and error methods. However, religion is above criticism. 


If we say, the four Holy books (most of the world believe in this) were from God, why there was a need for four books? In a population of millions, maybe billions, with no technology, how could just four books do justice? The mind does not believe in this. A person from a certain land found the truth and a person from a faraway land was not blessed with the same truth. Isn't it strange? How could God do this? 


What I believe is that power plays its trick everywhere. Those with power found the truth and those without it are still in darkness. Only power could control the logic and the mind. Hobbes' Leviathan has all the strings. Gramsci's cultural hegemony and Marx's materialism prove who is in charge of everything. 


For writing this article, I might pay a heavy price. But thanks to the Almighty, most of the audience in my country do not understand English. It's again a battle of belief and logic and I am losing both of them. 


Neither nihilism is the end nor the absurdism is beginning. Both concepts seem like walking on a tightrope where the wanderers bleed through art and pay the debt with their brains. I don't think I could clear my mind or yours but do comment if you think you are on the same page or at least think like me. Or maybe you can have your perspective since the world has eight billion minds.  

Comments

  1. I think that if something exists it should have a meaning or purpose in life, if not atleast it could help other things to find theirs.

    Ignorance is a bliss , this sentence I've told to many I also think it is.

    The few religion that I know of there is no such forgiveness of killing somebody by only repenting to Creator.
    But still if there were no religion , who would tell what is right and what is wrong even killing somebody would have considered right and not held accountable.

    I also agree that religion has been controlled by power play like jew had all the power over the religious matter untill constantine came along.

    I am kinda envious by your writing skills thats why I try to comment thoughtfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha wow someone is jealous, would love to have discussion with you in person. Don't you think right and wrong are in the heart and mind of people? I think deep in our hearts, we know what is morally right, for this, we don't need a religion or something. That's just my perspective and yes I can be wrong.
      P.S: You can contact me on Instagram, the link is in my blog profile. Thank you :)

      Delete
    2. and also you can morally be correct I can be morally correct but same cannot be said about everybody.

      Delete
    3. That's the whole point. that's why SOCIAL order was necessary. And then the power game started. As Rousseau says, "Man is born free and everywhere he is in chains."

      Delete
    4. So in a sense it was necessary to impliment such rules but why would people follow such rules, for that something should have been established or already existed for people to strongly believe upon, so they could come under one SOCIAL banner.

      So you agree not everyone is morally correct or knows tgat he is doing wrong.

      Delete
    5. We don't need rules, we are self-aware about the danger. We don't jump into the fire, knowing we would be burnt. Same is the case with everything else.

      Delete
    6. Never under estimate the human folly.

      Delete
  2. No , really I cant put my words diversly like you do. You can put a dramatic effect to your words compare to it my words are ordinary.

    I have already dmed you on IG when I first read your blog back in nov or dec.
    IG acc
    Salehjumaa7

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In the Abyss of Despair

I lost, when, where and how. I don't know. What did I lose? I don't know. Was I really in the abyss of despair? I had no idea. Maybe a part of myself, a piece of my heart, my soul? I couldn't figure it out. I never would. It was so sudden that I couldn't gather the courage to find it again. Why it was like that? Was I miserable? Or I was just overthinking? Was there any hope for me? Or I was just being overdramatic?  I wanted to scream, I wanted to share, I wanted to yell the hell out of me but I couldn't. How could I? The only thing that kept me alive, was no more with me. Without a soul, the words did not weigh much. I had only words. The words that had kept me alive. Without them, I was nothing, they had lost their impact. I was wondering in the sea of nothingness. My surroundings were nothing but the abyss of pessimism. I could have escaped but there was no need to escape. How could we escape ourselves? In the process of escapism, we lose the essence of the self

A Poem Rumi Forgot To Complete

They ask me who am I. Should this question be asked? Of course not. Sadly, I have no name, it ruins the beauty of mystery. The name does not matter, does it? Many people died without anyone remembering their names. They were incomplete stories, unwritten words, and undiscovered thoughts. I want to remain like that too  because I am a poem Rumi forgot to complete. Today, I choose to write about that incomplete poem. But why I am the poem of Rumi? And not of Shakespeare,  Shah Latif, or Bullhe Shah?  Because Rumi had Shams.  Shams acted as a muse for Rumi. When he started that poem, he lost his muse; thus an incomplete poem was born. An incomplete chaos, an unsolved puzzle, and everything that is lost on the way. We all are someone's Rumi and someone's Shams - doesn't it sound amazing? But in reality, neither you are a Shams nor I am a Rumi. We are those words that were never said loudly. Words that were only thought.  So, starting from this, I finally tried to write about my

The Conflict between Realism and Idealism

No, I am not writing any philosophy here. But, you all have thought of a dream life where no pain exists. No heartbreaks, no fake friends only happiness. It would be wrong to say that I have not thought about it. But my idealism  differs from yours. I have always dreamt of a peaceful mind - a mind which does not think about reality. It also avoids ideas.  Let me simplify this for you. We think that people understand us but in reality, it is exactly the opposite. Here too, the realism  is again contradictory to itself. We communicate our feelings very clearly but still, our emotions are left unheard. This whole idea of our existence is an illusion.  What if I tell you that reality exists in your mind, you see the colours of the world do not exist in reality. It is our mind that makes us see those colours. I perceive the colour of the leaves of a tree as green, but for another person, it is yellow or blue or anything.  "I think therefore I am", Descartes  says. I do not believ