Skip to main content

Nothing to Write


Nothing to write


So finally after two weeks, I am letting my thoughts out. I literally have nothing to write. I am experiencing a writer blocked. However, I have to keep my blog going on, so apologize in advance, if this does not feel like I have written. 

Those days were hard and exhausting but life goes on. What I have learned is that no one reads my blog and they only comment/DMs based on the stories that I share on Instagram. I have literally told every single time that I am the happiest person, have high energy bla bla and everyone would be just like why don't you let go of everything? I already have. Not too long ago, but I let go of everything since last year. But before letting things go, how was I? Did existentialism hit me hard? Was I depressed, despaired and nothing made sense? Well yes. 

It's all in your mind

The first thing you need to know is that your thoughts are powerful. You are ruled by the way you think and the way you perceive things. All our identity, personality and "US" are nurtured by our experiences. These can be good or bad. In my case, they were not good at all. So everything was in my mind somewhere in the past or in the future but not in my now. Let me explain, right now you are reading this maybe on your desktop or phone. Your focus is on this blog. You may or may not be thinking about the future or past, if you are thinking, the intensity of those thoughts is mild so they do not affect you. That's what happened to me. 

Initial grief is higher

Initial grief has a higher intensity and you cannot dodge it by being busy, doing stuff or anything. I never took any drugs to deal with my pain. I simply sobbed alone in my room, I felt it in my bones and I gave myself time. Time to mourn over the loss, time to let it pass. Yes, I wanted the things to speed up. I wanted the next day to be a blessing. I wanted to wake up in the morning all happy, without any single trace of pain, misery or agony. But this world does not work like that. We have to succumb to pain to experience that in the end, nothing matters. Everything is momentary. However, it does not mean that we have forgotten everything. 

Moving on does not mean forgetting

Many people have this wrong idea that moving on or being happy has something to do with forgetting. In my case, no. I have forgiven people. Most of all, I have forgiven myself. I do recall those moments, I clearly remember everything but it no longer hurts me. I do not cry now while talking about those things. Hence, moving on has nothing to do with forgiveness but it has everything to do with acceptance. 

Acceptance is the key

Let's recall a moment. You were a kid in a broken or dysfunctional family. They ignored your existence or blamed you for everything. Now when you are an adult, you think all those things that have ever happened to you have happened to you because of that dysfunctional family. You might be right but what is the point? As a kid, we were powerless. Now, when we want to confront them, the experience is gone. The circumstances have changed. Now it's more like hurting ourselves than them. You are not in your past. Everything that has happened, has happened. We can't control it. So, what option do you have? Just accept that things happened, either intentionally or unintentionally. But, it has passed. Crying over split milk or being a victim won't solve the problems. Hence, be brave and accept the fate. You can try shadow work if you want, it helped me.

Shadow work

I am too broke to afford therapy so I googled Shadow work and found a video that I didn't follow fully but a little bit that I did was pretty simple. It is like three steps. First of all, think of anything you want to solve. Start from your childhood. Second, invite your younger self and third talk to your younger self on that issue. You don't have to judge, criticise, or blame your young self. Just listen to it, calmly and patiently. Try it or if you know any other method do let me know in the comments.

-------------------

Note: I am not feeling myself lately, I hope to come back soon. 

Comments

  1. Literacy is not force. Try to read something out of the box by doing so you might get a different perspective on things.

    or try to right a mini novel maybe you have exhausted yourself by writing in a kind of essay format.

    And for tolking abt greif and saddness mostly people over exagerate simple conditions. I dont know abt you but mostly I have seen privilleged people complain about hard life.
    simple peoeple have learned to co-op with the situation.

    plus maturity is an indication that an individual has been through sonething.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone experiences sadness and grief. Anyways, thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Isn't that shadow work is like scratching healed and forgotten wound?....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have healed, no need of shadow work but if the patterns keep on repeating, you have only forgotten that wound but not healed from it. So I'd recommend doing that.

      Delete
    2. No one is never perfectly healed...jus get more tough by acceptance

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In the Abyss of Despair

I lost, when, where and how. I don't know. What did I lose? I don't know. Was I really in the abyss of despair? I had no idea. Maybe a part of myself, a piece of my heart, my soul? I couldn't figure it out. I never would. It was so sudden that I couldn't gather the courage to find it again. Why it was like that? Was I miserable? Or I was just overthinking? Was there any hope for me? Or I was just being overdramatic?  I wanted to scream, I wanted to share, I wanted to yell the hell out of me but I couldn't. How could I? The only thing that kept me alive, was no more with me. Without a soul, the words did not weigh much. I had only words. The words that had kept me alive. Without them, I was nothing, they had lost their impact. I was wondering in the sea of nothingness. My surroundings were nothing but the abyss of pessimism. I could have escaped but there was no need to escape. How could we escape ourselves? In the process of escapism, we lose the essence of the self

A Poem Rumi Forgot To Complete

They ask me who am I. Should this question be asked? Of course not. Sadly, I have no name, it ruins the beauty of mystery. The name does not matter, does it? Many people died without anyone remembering their names. They were incomplete stories, unwritten words, and undiscovered thoughts. I want to remain like that too  because I am a poem Rumi forgot to complete. Today, I choose to write about that incomplete poem. But why I am the poem of Rumi? And not of Shakespeare,  Shah Latif, or Bullhe Shah?  Because Rumi had Shams.  Shams acted as a muse for Rumi. When he started that poem, he lost his muse; thus an incomplete poem was born. An incomplete chaos, an unsolved puzzle, and everything that is lost on the way. We all are someone's Rumi and someone's Shams - doesn't it sound amazing? But in reality, neither you are a Shams nor I am a Rumi. We are those words that were never said loudly. Words that were only thought.  So, starting from this, I finally tried to write about my

The Conflict between Realism and Idealism

No, I am not writing any philosophy here. But, you all have thought of a dream life where no pain exists. No heartbreaks, no fake friends only happiness. It would be wrong to say that I have not thought about it. But my idealism  differs from yours. I have always dreamt of a peaceful mind - a mind which does not think about reality. It also avoids ideas.  Let me simplify this for you. We think that people understand us but in reality, it is exactly the opposite. Here too, the realism  is again contradictory to itself. We communicate our feelings very clearly but still, our emotions are left unheard. This whole idea of our existence is an illusion.  What if I tell you that reality exists in your mind, you see the colours of the world do not exist in reality. It is our mind that makes us see those colours. I perceive the colour of the leaves of a tree as green, but for another person, it is yellow or blue or anything.  "I think therefore I am", Descartes  says. I do not believ